The Squash Club ( www.grangesquash.co.uk ) has over 200 members playing regularly on 5 beautifully maintained courts. Whether you want a regular match with your playing partner or you want to test yourself against a variety of opponents including juniors, beginners, ladies or players from other clubs, Grange Squash Club has everything you need.
Events & facilities you can enjoy include...
- Mini-leagues- you play each of 4 opponents of similar ability once in a month and get promoted or demoted to play different opponents the next month. Prizes for most-improved player, most dominant player etc.
- Club night runs every Friday- turn up, sign up and play the various other people that show up regularly, round-robin.
- Competitions - The club runs several social competitions as well as the club championships. The social competitions are run on the American handicap system so everyone has a chance. The club championships are to find the best player at the club and the best female player. At the end of the season prizes are presented at the annual squash dinner where the squash club celebrate the achievements of the year with a fun social evening.
- Teams- the club runs mens and ladies teams in the East of Scotland leagues. Training is every Sunday and matches with our rival clubs teams take place week nights.
- Youth - The club has a vibrant junior section so kids and young adults from 8-18 years are welcome. Junior coaching runs on Saturday afternoons.
- Racquet Ball available as well with regular group sessions where everyone is welcome to join in.
- Online court booking means you can arrange your games without leaving your chair, 24 hours/day & 7 days a week.
The Grange Open is the most widely known competition, the O'Brien Bucket bucket and BMI cup are also hotly contested and great fun as well.
Please visit www.grangesquash.co.uk to get a better flavour of what the club has to offer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone the club (0131-332-2148) or pop in to see the facilities first hand and get more information.